What is it?
Why does it matter?
While it sounds like prestige inside the organization, the award program is really about creating the best member experience for YOU!
What is the Distinguished Club Program:
The Distinguished Club Program is an annual program, running from July 1 through June 30. The program consists of 10 goals. The ten goals are broken into four areas:
Goals 1 through 6 focus on education awards. When members have the opportunity to reach their education goals, they are benefiting from the Toastmasters experience, becoming better speakers and leaders. These goals are:
1)Two Competent Communicator (CC) awards
2) Two additional CC awards
3) One Advanced Communicator Bronze (ACB), Advanced Communicator Silver (ACS) or Advanced Communicator Gold (ACG) award
4) One more ACB, ACS or ACG award
5) One Competent Leader (CL), Advanced Leader Bronze (ALB), Advanced Leader Silver (ALS) or Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award
6) One more CL, ALB, ALS or DTM award
When new members join, everyone’s experience is enhanced because our club has enough members to provide mentors to new members and fulfill meeting roles.These goals include:
7) Four new members
8) Four more new members
Trained club officers are better able to serve and support our club.Goal 9 is achieved when at least four of our officers (president, vice president education, vice president membership, vice president public relations, secretary, treasurer and sergeant at arms) are trained in their responsibilities.
9) A minimum of four club officers trained during each of the two training periods.
Fulfilling administrative duties, including submitting information on time, helps our club run more smoothly, which benefits members.
10) On-time payment of membership dues accompanied by the names of eight members (at least three of whom must be renewing members) for one period and on-time submission of one club officer list.
And the Award Goes To . . .
At the year-end, points for each of the 10 goals is added up. Based upon the total, the following awards (ribbons) are issued:
5 out of 10 goals: Distinguished Club
7 out of 10 goals: Select Distinguished Club
9 out of 10 goals: President’s Distinguished Club
Want to know how we are doing? CLICK HERE
Why Is It Important?
The Distinguished Club Program is a way to inject energy into our club. It encourages membership and personal development. As members set and meet educational goals, they develop confidence and critical communication and leadership skills, inspiring others to do the same. The club’s focus on individual and collective achievement also helps build team spirit and club pride that is infectious and self-sustaining.
Are you in?